April 30, 2009

What Our Tennis Team Needs Is . . . A Cool Name!

The spring tennis season is practically over and summer season is on its way. You know what could really turn it all around for your team this summer? A really cool tennis team name! I've been collecting these for awhile since I was once "questioned" about a team name I chose (I stand by the team name I selected - The Tennis Chicks. It was fun and hip and our team t-shirt was very cute. The lady who questioned me was in her 70s and smoked.).

Below is a huge list of fun tennis team names for you to choose from. Be sure and send me your own list of great tennis team names!

VERY TENNIS SPECIFIC: Acers, Ad-Ins, Alley Cats, Alley Gators, Court Jesters, Dare Doubles, Double The Fun, Double Trouble, Hot Shots, Love Hurts, Love Stinks, Match Makers, Net Nuts, Net Setters, No Faults, Poachers, Queens of the Court, Racqueteers, Racquettes, Slammers, Shot Girls, Slice Girls, Smash Girls, Super Shots, Sweet Shots, Sweet Spots, Tennis Addicts, Tennis Angels, Topspinners, Volley Girls

CLEVER: Banger Sisters, Double Shots (I'm reading this as alcohol-related but maybe that's just me.), Drop Shots, Good Gets, Got Its, Grand Slammers, Kiss My Ace (you better have a good team if you pick with this name), Match Points, Miss Hits, Net Assets, Racquet Scientists (very clever), Serves You Right, Servivors, Sets In The City (clever), String Courtets, Terminetters, Tightly Strung

NOT TOO TENNIS-Y BUT I LIKE THEM: Dream Team, Laser Shots, Pure Insanity (I know no one will use this but I like it), Violet Offenders (you wear purple - get it?)




© Kim Selzman 2009
All Rights Reserved

10 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm on the Hot Drops

Kim at TennisFixation said...

Any name with "hot" in it is good. I'm starting a new list and your team name is definitely on it. Thanks for keeping up with my blog!

Anonymous said...

Net Monsters! Any chance I can see a picture of your tennis chicks t-shirt logo? I may use that name this season. =)

Thanks,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

The Serve-Aces is always a fun one. Maybe it's a Texas thing. Cervaces in Spanish is beer. Anyway, A team I coach is moving up from the B-4 level, they were named the Befores and afters. Now they are at B-3 and are looking for a new name. They have come up with some clever-ones. They are having a team vote. I like the "Victorious Secret" myself, but maybe that's just 'cause I am a guy. Thanks for your post. I am forward it to my team captain.

Mike Alcott, USPTA

Kim at TennisFixation said...

Victorious Secret! I love it! I think it is time to do an update on the tennis names post.

Kim at TennisFixation said...

Michelle - We used a Fila t-shirt that was really popular a few years ago - it had a "tennis chick" on it. I've searched for it on-line but haven't come up with anything. I'm sure it was discontinued. But the pic on this post would work - I just made it with some clip art.

Kim

Courtney Mroch said...

What a great list! So glad I found it. Some I had on a list I brainstormed (like Racketeers...but I didn't spell racquet right. Your way's much better!...or Alley Cats), but so many of the others I didn't. My team's looking for a new name so I'm sharing some of the funnier ones off of here and this link and see what we come up with.

A couple I'm kind of partial to I didn't see above are The In Crowd and Backhanded Compliments. I'm suggesting them to my team but I think they'll end up picking one from your list. Lots of great ones! (And the servesaces one is GREAT! Didn't get it until anonymous explained, but that's super clever!)

So glad you came up with this!

Anonymous said...

We went with "Casual Sets" for our team name

Anonymous said...

Ball Busters is possibility if anyone is brave enough to use it...

Anonymous said...

"Girl Look at that Volley"