May 4, 2009

"Get Caught Reading" A Tennis Book In May!

This May marks the 10th anniversay of the Get Caught Reading campaign. How about this great photo of Nicole Vaidisova reading Tuesdays with Morrie? If there is any possibility that Tuesdays with Morrie can help me play tennis like Nicole Vaidisova, I'll read it again.

I don't think there's any better way to convince your kids to read than to have them "catch" you reading. And some of my favorite books to read, as I've noted previously(here, here and here), are tennis-related. Here's a list of some other good ones that I'm reading (or just flipping through depending on how badly I've played that day) that I hope not only make me look like a good reader, but might actually help my game:
  • Jimmy Connors Saved My Life: A Personal Biography by Joel Drucker
  • Eat Smart, Play Hard: Customized Food Plans for All Your Sports and Fitness Pursuits by Liz Applegate, Ph.D.
  • Tennis and the Meaning of Life: A Literary Anthology of the Game edited by Jay Jennings
  • Stan Smith's Winning Doubles by Stan Smith





Photo courtesy of www.getcaughtreading.org.

© Kim Selzman 2009
All Rights Reserved

No comments: