November 22, 2009

Cheerio and All That, My Good Man!

OK, you're supposed to read that title with an English accent.  And then it will seem clever!  Maybe.

The Barclay's ATP World Tour Finals began today in London and, while I haven't had much to say about pro tennis lately, I saw this photo of the 8 guys playing and couldn't pass up the opportunity to let you see it too. I love this. From left to right, Fernando Verdasco, Juan Martin del Potro and Novak Djokovic look too, too cute with their suits and umbrellas.  Roger Federer appears to be out at just another fashion shoot.  This stuff is really old hate for him.  Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray?  Awkward.  And why does Andy Murray feel awkward in a suit, holding an umbrella in front of a double-decker bus in London?  Isn't this a typical pose for him?  Nikolay Davydenko is next and honestly, if he wasn't standing with this group of guys, would you have any idea he's a world-class tennis player?  I love that about him.  And, last but not least, Robin Soderling, who most certainly is asking himself, "how the hell did I get here?"  He's going to have a lot of fun over the next few days.

Andy Roddick is noticeably absent due to injury.  Boo hoo.

I'll be keeping up with this particular tournament but, if you've noticed in the sidebar to the right, I'm already counting down the days until the Australian Open in January 2010.  Hurray up and get here already!

Photobucket


© Kim Selzman 2009
All Rights Reserved

No comments: