February 24, 2011

My Doubles Domination Starts Here!


Last week, I told you all about a free doubles mini-course being offered by the pros at Essential Tennis. I myself went through all 3 free videos in the course and can honestly say I got quite a bit out of it. I took 2 of the recommended drills right to my next lesson - one on transitioning to the net and one on responding to lobs. I thought they were great drills as did my coach.

Well, because I was enthusiastic about this free mini-course and the whole Doubles Domination concept, Essential Tennis offered me a chance to evaluate and go through the Doubles Domination 2.0 course for free! They, of course, wanted me to do this so I could pass on my views - good or bad - of DD 2.0 to my Tennis Fixation followers. So I said yes, and that's what I'm going to be doing for the next several weeks - committing to the entire Doubles Domination 2.0 course.

I'm telling you all of this because I think a lot of you would get just as much from this course as I already have. I've seen the outline of what will be offered - a book on doubles (already available), an entire video course (many videos already available), interviews with several Tour-level doubles-playing pros, questions and answer sessions, and several forums where you can interact with both instructors and others taking the course. If you're interested in seeing what all is involved in the course and how to sign up, here's a link that will give you a much better explanation: Doubles Domination 2.0 Sign-Up Video.

Here are the parts of the course I can't wait to get - how to play 1 up, 1 back (even though this is not a strong doubles strategy) and what to do when you have a partner who won't come up to the net. This happens to me all of the time and I have tried any number of different tactics to deal with it. I'm really excited that I will finally be getting some practical information to put into practice in these situations.

Now, for the money part - the cost of this course is $197. I know - that is alot. But the way I look at it is, for me - that's about what 3 tennis lessons cost. And I know I'm going to get more than 3 tennis lessons worth of info out of this. And I know, based on what I've already seen, I will be getting the kind of help that I will be able to put into match play immediately.

So, if this sounds like something you might be even vaguely interested in, click on the link above, listen to Essential Tennis's Ian Westermann explain the course, and then see what you think. It comes with a full money back guarantee - if you're not completely satisfied, they'll refund your money. I think its worthwhile and I'm very happy they gave me this chance to view the course for free just for telling you about it - because I would have spent my money to get the course anyway!


Image via www.doublesdomination.com


Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2011 All Rights Reserved

No comments: