April 27, 2011

Tennis Breakfast On The Go

Remember how I was looking for a great tennis breakfast to get me through my morning matches and I thought oatmeal was the answer? (You can check it all out in this post - Searching For The Perfect Tennis Breakfast.) Well, just two days later, I got several coupons in my newspaper to try out McDonald's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal. For free! I knew this could not be a coincidence. I mean how likely is it that I'm going to write about oatmeal and then get coupons for free oatmeal?

So I headed to McDonald's yesterday morning to put their supposedly healthy oatmeal to the test. My conclusion - I liked it! It comes in a sealed cup with a spoon so there's no mess involved. Here's the pic of the actual oatmeal I received taken inside my actual messy car:


Obviously, you're not going to eat this while you're driving. Inside that cup you get warm oatmeal, sweetened with brown sugar and topped with raisins, dried cranberries and chopped apples. Again, a photo of the actual stuff:


The calorie count is 290 (with the brown sugar, 260 without) and its pretty darn tasty. I can see myself stopping by McDonald's for Fruit & Maple Oatmeal on my way to a match and eating it once I got there. This would be much better for me than some of the other pre-match breakfasts I have had when I've been in a morning rush (pretzels and M&Ms comes to mind).

My conclusion - McDonald's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal qualifies as a great tennis breakfast.



Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2011 All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am a fan of McD's oatmeal too! I read some negative press about it, mostly the calorie count but I think by the time you add fruit and some brown sugar to any oatmeal (even at home) the calories are about the same. I agree, it is a perfect on the go breakfast. :)