January 23, 2012

Tennis Fashion Fix: Australian Open 2012 - Maria Sharapova Through To The Quarterfinals!

We've reached the point in the Australian Open where I feel like I have to pay close attention every day because every day someone big gets knocked out. But so far that someone big is not Maria Sharapova.

Maria made it through today by beating Germany's Sabine Lisicki in three sets - 3-6, 6-2, 6-3. Maria next comes up against Russia's Ekaterina Makarova who took out Serena Williams 6-2, 6-3 (remember what I said about someone big getting knocked out every day?). So I'd say Maria has her work cut out for her.

But that's all in the future. Right now, Maria is looking fabulous in her Nike Statement Slam Dress. This dress is white - a great color for surviving Australia's blistering July heat - with Electric Green accents. I love the slashes up the sides and in back. The Lunar Speed 3 shoes and visor in matching Electric Green are also very cute. Here's a few shots of Maria during her match with Lisicki showing off this great outfit:




I hope Maria makes it a little longer because I happen to know she also has a night dress which I would love to see her play in.


Images by Ben Solomon/Tennis Australia



Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2012 All Rights Reserved

No comments: