January 31, 2010

Tennis Thoughts: Buddha on Tennis

“Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” ~ Buddha

Is it me or does it seem like you're either winning everything or losing constantly? I seem to be in the middle of a tennis slump right now and its hard to know when that will end. I'm tired of losing.

But I try to remember, with each match, what the Buddha said: "Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most." I'm pretty sure this applies to tennis just as much as it applies to life.

So, I'm not letting this slump get me down. I'm approaching every match with a good attitude and feeling like today's the day I win. I actually played some pretty great tennis last Friday although it was just for fun. But who knows? Maybe I've turned the corner. What I do in my next match is what matters most.


Photobucket


© Kim Selzman 2010
All Rights Reserved

No comments: