April 7, 2010

Time For A New Racquet?

I think its time for a new racquet.

I noticed my racquet was playing kind of "dead" so I sent it for restringing. Guess what? My racquet turned out to be cracked. I have no idea how this happened but its an older racquet and I have on occasion lightly tapped it on the court when one of my shots was less than successful.

So, that's the end of that racquet.

I took out my back-up racquet to play yesterday, and guess what? It feels kind of dead and is making a weird sound when I hit. Can I really have two cracked racquets? Maybe those taps on the court were a little more violent than I realized.

Now that I have this in my head, its inevitable. I have to buy a new racquet. Or two. So today's the day I go try to pick up a demo racquet and I start researching what I need to be playing with. (I need a demo because I honestly don't have a racquet to play with!) As much as I've liked my old racquet, I really started playing with it because it was my husband's and I was just too lazy to move onto something else. Plus its the same racquet Andy Roddick uses. But now I think I'm going to have to find the racquet that's right for me. Stayed tuned . . .


Photobucket


© Kim Selzman 2010
All Rights Reserved

No comments: