To avoid this type of munchie disaster in the future, I've decided to start bringing my own snacks. And when I think about the beating I often put my tennis bag through, what I'll need is something that's not only healthy and tasty, but also portable and un-meltable. Here are the snacks that I have in mind:
- Bananas and Apples - the perfect fruits, no container necessary
- Dried Fruit - higher in calories than whole fruit but easy to transport and very tasty
- Granola or Cereal Bars - these need to be on the dry side, not the chocolate-y ones that might melt in the heat
- Nuts or Trail Mix - delicious and nutritious
- Crackers - I'm thinking individual bags of Goldfish or the like
Do you have a favorite snack you take along to matches? Let me know and I'll give it a try!
© Kim Selzman 2012 All Rights Reserved