September 15, 2010

More Reasons To Drink Coffee

Just when I think I've decided to cut back on my coffee consumption, I come across more reasons to keep on drinking. The September 2010 issue of Prevention magazine gives these interesting stats:
  • If you drink at least 1 cup of coffee per day, you lower your risk of early death from ALL causes by 37%.
  • If you drink at least 2 cups per day, you reduces your risk of death from heart disease by 25%.
  • If you drink at least 3 cups per day, you can drop your risk of dementia and Alzheimer's by 65%!
  • If you drink at least 4 or more cups per day, you reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by 56%.

With these kind of percentages, it seems like doctors should be prescribing coffee drinking! My conclusion for now is that I'm definitely not cutting back on my coffee consumption. In fact, I plan to enjoy it even more!

Want to know more great reasons to drink coffee?  See this post - The Benefits Of Caffeine.


Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2010 All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

marvin said...

Like drinking coffee everyday, keep me refreshing everyday, maybe more addicted.