October 2, 2010

Get Your Tennis Fix With Podcasts

If, like me, you're looking for anything and everything that might improve your tennis game, you need to check out the wonderful world of tennis podcasts.

As you probably know, podcasts are digital media files, audio or video, that you can download to your computer, iPod or MP3 player to listen to or watch at your leisure.

And there are plenty of podcasts that focus on tennis.  I get my tennis podcasts on iTunes but you can do a Google search to find all kinds of podcasts outside the iTunes world.

What I love about podcasts are that I can listen to them on the go, in my car or when I'm working out.  And I often listen to tennis podcasts on my way to matches just to get myself in the right frame of mind.  You know - the "I'm about to start playing tennis so I need to forget about what to make for dinner for a little while" frame of mind.

So here's a list of my favorites.  These are specifically podcasts aimed at improving your game - if you want to listen to podcasts about what the pros are doing, there are plenty of those too.  But these give you tips that will help take your game to the next level.  And - bonus! - they're all free on iTunes and can easily be found by doing a search for the podcast name or just for "tennis podcasts."  I've linked to each of these and if you click on the podcast name, you will be taken to the podcaster's site and can actually start listening right now!     

Essential Tennis Podcast - These episodes are usually 30 to 40 minutes long and often feature interviews with tennis instructors, psychologists or other professionals.  If you go to the Essential Tennis Podcast site you'll find the entire Essential Tennis website which is packed with all kinds of great instructional material for recreational players.  I love this website!

Gotta Play Tennis - These are a little bit shorter episodes, maybe 10 to 15 minutes, focusing on tips and concepts that will quickly improve your game.

Tennis Psychology Podcast - These episodes are even shorter but are great for helping build your mental strength out on the court.  If you're interested in going into more depth about tennis psychology, check out the website associated with this podcast:  Sports Psychology for Tennis.



Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2010 All Rights Reserved

No comments: