November 28, 2010

I'm Drinking Even More Coffee!

If Dr. Oz tells me to drink more coffee, I've got to do it, right?

In a recent "Health and Fitness" newspaper column, written by Dr. Michael Roizen and Dr. Mehmet Oz, it was pointed out that "compared with people who skip coffee, those with high blood pressure who enjoy one or two cups daily have better 'artery distensibility.'" Meaning? The arteries of coffee drinkers are better at expanding and contracting. Meaning? The coffee drinkers' flexible arteries may improve their blood pressure.

You probably know that Dr. Oz is one of Oprah's big buddies. And you probably know that Drs. Roizen and Oz are the authors of the popular "YOU" series of books, including YOU: The Owner's Manual: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger. So I'm just saying if they're drinking coffee to improve their blood pressure, of course I'm drinking coffee too.



Photobucket
© Kim Selzman 2010 All Rights Reserved

No comments: